Sybase PowerDesigner, the industry’s number one data modeling tool, enables enterprises to more easily visualize, analyze and manipulate metadata for effective enterprise information architecture. PowerDesigner for Enterprise Architecture also provides a model-driven approach for aligning business and IT, which facilitates the implementation of effective information and enterprise architectures. It brings powerful analysis, design and metadata management techniques to the enterprise.
Sybase PowerDesigner combines several standard modeling techniques (UML, Business Process Modeling and market-leading Data Modeling) together with leading development platforms, such as. NET, WorkSpace, PowerBuilder, Java and Eclipse, to bring business analysis and formal database design solutions to the enterprise. And it works with more than 60 relational database management systems.
• Aligns business and IT to improve productivity
• Provides open support for heterogeneous environments of all kinds
• Is highly customizable to enforce standards and regulatory compliance
• Facilitates enterprise architecture by documenting existing systems
• Increases business agility with Link and Sync and impact analysis
The main features of the product PowerDesigner:
• The modeling of business processes based on control flow diagrams.
• Technology data modeling (conceptual and physical model), based on industrial standard «essence / Contact» (entity / relationship), including technologies for modeling data warehouses (scheme «star» and «snowflake», multidimensional modeling, binding to a particular data source) .
• Standard diagrams UML: use case, activity, sequence, class diagram, components, and other diagrams.
• Support of UML 2.
• Generation of class diagrams based on source code for Java, C #, C + +, PowerBuilder, and VB.Net.
• Generation of operators DDL (Data Definition Language) for more than 50 RDBMS including Oracle up to version 10g, IBM DB / 2 and v8, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Sybase ASE, ASA and IQ, MySQL and many others
• Support for EJB 2.0.
• Definition of complex custom data types, including Java-classes and Java-stored procedures contained in the database.
• Reverse engineering database schema in the conceptual and physical model.
• Reverse engineering of existing business logic in the class diagram (Java, PowerBuilder, C #, VB.Net).
• Direct and reverse engineer XML-applications in class diagram. Support for XML-DTD, XML-schema and XML-data.
• Integration with popular development tools for Java, and certified by leading J2EE/EJB 2.0 application servers.
• Requirement Model, specialized model for documenting and analyzing the requirements for creating an information system.
• Information Liquidity Model, a model for the design of data replication.
• A modern, graphical, customizable user interface, containing
– A common sheath;
– The browser object;
– Region edit charts;
– Area of the state.
• Improved management models, including the synchronization of objects, models and databases.
• Advanced, independent of the model report generator that allows to obtain a document that includes information on several models.
The centralized repository provides:
• The possibility of simultaneous work on a model of a large number of analysts and designers;
• storage, management and creation of versions PowerDesigner models and other documents;
• Search for models and their reuse in other models;
• Effective management of relationships between models.
Reducing costs when developing Web-services through the design
• The rapid development with the use of UML – the integration of development tools to accelerate the creation of Web-services – makes it easy and accessible creation of complex Web-services.
• The rapid development of a database that supports the Web-service for storage of existing or new data, simplifies the interaction between the developer and database administrator.
• The operational records of all changes in the design phase can reduce overall development costs.
The unique advanced technology synchronized multiple models
As business modeling and simulation technology are closely linked, the information about all the changes occurring in the business field or in the market, is brought directly to the staff of IT-department, allowing them to tailor Web-design services and systems in accordance with the requirements of business, maintaining and not hindering its development.
The components of Sybase PowerDesigner
Depending on your requirements for the design and development, you can choose only the modules needed PowerDesigner, ie buy only one set of functionality that you need.
The physical design and generation of databases, including the modeling of data warehouses. This module, included in the minimal configuration provides the tools necessary to create physical models of databases, as OLTP, and OLAP, SQL-code generation and reengineering of existing databases from heterogeneous sources.
DataArchitect (PDM, CDM)
A two, Iterative design of databases and generation operators of SQL, creating a database designed structure. Supports integrated physical and conceptual modeling of data (including the modeling of data warehouses), allowing you to design and generate a database of more than 50 RDBMS and desktop platforms.
ObjectArchitect (PDM, CDM, OOM)
Object-oriented analysis and design in combination with two-level, iterative database design and database description language (DLL). Now, with enhanced support for UML, integrated with data modeling capabilities of DataArchitect, ObjectArchitect module makes possible the effective work of designers of databases and applications. Developers are 9 types of UML-diagrams – use case, activity, sequence, collaboration, statechart, class diagram, components, and others.
Developer (PDM, OOM)
Object modeling and physical database design. This is an ideal tool for the developer. Physical modeling of data, integrated with UML-modeling (use case, activity, sequence, class diagram and components), which includes the possibility of generating a complex object code, and reengineering.
Studio (BPM, PDM, CDM, OOM)
Supplied versions of Personal and Enterprise, Studio module combines the technology of modeling business processes, with possible extension UML-modeling and data modeling. Combining all the necessary methods for modeling in one environment, these modules allow business-and IT-managers with their teams of developers together to build a business system to effectively support the work of your business.
Ensures all IT-specialists of your organization a presentation on modeling. This module, which works only in reading mode (read-only), provides a graphical representation of information on all components of the modeled system and includes a report generator with enhanced functionality.
Updating the module to any version of Enterprise (formerly known as “with MetaWorks option”), you get the opportunity to work with the repository, view and collaborate on models with all members of your group. Enterprise version provides a central archive (repository) for models and other files, which facilitates access control, sharing, cooperation, consolidation, verification and management of versions in the works with models.
Size: 237 Mb
OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Official Website : www.sybase.com
Reff : www.puzo.org